Website Hosting plays an essential role in ensuring that your website visitors have a great landing and reading experience. A reliable hosting means a reliable site in terms of uptime and security and thus here, we intend to review Cheap Best WordPress Hosting Plan 2020 and do a comparison to help you choose one
For a cheap and best WordPress hosting plan and for the best performance output of your WordPress website, you will need nothing but the best WordPress website host provider that meets the WordPress hosting criteria
As per WordPress, for a strong WordPress website hosting provider, the hosting provider must support
- PHP 7.3 and above
- My SQL
WordPress Recommends Apache or Nginx as the most robust and scalable cloud-based servers that are well-suited to run the WordPress website. Also, any server that supports PHP and MySQL will be a good server to host a WordPress website
Imagine you are launching an advertising campaign drawing traffic on your website and your website is unable to handle the traffic!
The result – a poor landing experience for your visitors and hence an increased bounce rate
Many hosting providers claim to give the best results w.r.t handling traffic and maintaining an uptime close to 100% but they fail to deliver when it comes to reality.
Thus we decided to create a guide that can help you choose a Cheap and Best WordPress Hosting plan 2020 that suits your needs. This guide is not based on mere stats from Pingdom that only shows uptime.
Instead, we have scrutinized different types of services and policies of each Hosting provider to create a comparison table below to give you insights that are usually not published by these providers.
Let’s start with understanding Domain vs Hosting Difference, Different types of hosting that exists and then we will review cheap and best Hosting specifically to WordPress Websites
What is Domain vs. Hosting?
Any website contains data stored in the form of files. These files of a website are stored in a centralized place so that people across the world can access the website.
Hosting is the server resource where your website files are located or hosted in a centralized place
A Domain is the address of your blog or website on the Internet in a human-readable form and can be accessed via the browser.
- This Domain eventually resolves to the server resource that houses the files of the website and directs people to the website.
What is the Purpose of Hosting?
For your business to have an online face that this world can reach out to, you need to have a website. To have a website, Hosting is an essential service that every website or blog owner needs to have.
- Hosting provides technology and support to host your website or blog on the Internet
- Websites are hosted on servers and are made available as service to people across the world
Terminology used in WordPress Website Hosting Plan
Before we start the review, let’s look at a few terminologies that are used by WordPress hosting providers that will help you choose better Hosting Provider for WordPress website
Bandwidth is the speed limit at which data can be transferred between your hosting provider servers and the public web
- Good Bandwidth ensures more people can visit your site at the same time with an improved landing experience for each one of them
- Poor bandwidth slows your website down, especially when site traffic is heavy. A slow website means a poor landing experience for your visitor
Unmetered Traffic vs Unlimited Traffic
Unmetered traffic means Hosting companies are offering a fixed amount of bandwidth that one can use as much as one wants. Though the server speed is limited, data transfer can be done without any limits.
- However, this does not mean that you can get unlimited traffic at the same hosting price.
- Unmetered is a marketing term used by companies that means there is no check on data transfer but there is a certain limit on server speed at which the data is transferred.
- Thus, you may be charged a flat rate for unlimited data transfer at a fixed server speed.
SDD vs HDD Hosting
SSD storage in hosting – means Solid State Drive storage and more efficient in data storage vs Hard Disk Drive ( HDD) Hosting storage
- Always Prefer SDD Type Hosting
Types of WordPress Website Hosting
Managed Hosting is a type of WordPress Hosting in which a Hosting service provider gives dedicated servers and required hardware to a single user.
- Maintenance of server and hardware is performed by the hosting provider itself and the user is not required to worry about the maintenance of servers
- Managed Hosting is good for a business that is growing and needs scaling of resources
Shared WordPress Hosting
Shared Hosting is a type of WordPress Hosting in which Hosting Service provider leases a single server and hardware to multiple website owners
- Cheap Shared hosting service providers for WordPress Websites work well for new websites or for beginners who want to start a successful blog
- Though the costs are low, Shared hosting is not good for websites with high traffic.
Cloud Hosting is a type of Hosting where servers and hardware is spread on multiple virtual servers and those resources are pulled in as per the need of the website.
- For example, if a website experience a sudden surge in traffic, resources from servers will be auto-scaled and required support will be provided to your website.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress Hosting is a hosting environment specifically created for WordPress Websites that doesn’t require any maintenance on the user’s part.
One good example is Kinsta WordPress managed Hosting
Difference Between Managed vs Shared Hosting
WordPress Managed Hosting is a hosting environment specifically created for WordPress that doesn’t require any care on the user’s part
With Managed Hosting, you’ll never face a server or any hardware failure because your website stays immune from such incidents.
WordPress Shared Hosting is a Hosting Environment where website owners share their server and data resources with other website owners
This means that if someone else’s website gets a lot of traffic, you may experience slowdowns or downtime.
Shared vs. Cloud Hosting
The principal difference between Shared vs. Cloud hosting is that on Cloud hosting the website files are shared across multiple servers. Thus if one server goes down, other cloud servers are available to ensure uptime
Cloud Hosting thus ensures that there is no impact on your website in the case of Downtime.
Shared Hosting has a single server where the hosting resources are located. Thus, if the server goes down, websites hosted on the server is not available.
Essential features of Cheap and Best WordPress Hosting Plan
Essential features for a Cheap and Best WordPress Hosting plan 2020 involves –
- Easy WP Installation
- Easy WP migration
- Free SSL and HTTPS
- Free Email
- CloudFare CDN to help you improve loading Speed of website
- Daily Backups
- WP Auto updates
- WP CLI and SSH
- 24/7 WP Support
- Money Back
Additional Features like –
- Add on Domains
- Hardware – Disk space and Server Type
- Server Location – Good to host your server in a location closer to your target audience location
- WordPress Staging
- White Label Site Management
How to choose a WordPress Website Hosting Plan 2020?
A Reliable and Cheap WordPress Hosting service means –
- Reliable Speed – to give a good landing experience to your visitors
- Guaranteed Security – ensures that your website is safe under a malware attack or hacking attempt
- Excellent Support – to resolve your concerning issues on priority. Eg – If your website receives a lot of Bot Traffic, Hosting providers should assist you as soon as possible
- Big Scalability – When your website traffic grows, your WordPress hosting provider should be able to provide enough resources without impacting your website performance.
Nevertheless, it is all about choosing a Hosting provider that suits your business need.
So before you decide which hosting to purchase, try to ask few questions to your self and try getting answers.
Let me show you what questions you should ask.
Parameters to Consider Before Choosing a WordPress Hosting Plan
Let’s look at the parameters that you should consider before buying a Hosting Pan for your WordPress Blog or Website.
Traffic on your Blog
- So that you can choose cheap WordPress Hosting based on Bandwidth and Storage parameters
- In case your website has a lot of media content like videos and high-resolution images, then you will have to choose a Hosting that provides high SSD disk storage capacity
- For ONe- page informational website, a low level of RAM will do the job for you. Accordingly, you can choose the right plan
Customer Support Service
- In case you want to have dedicated support then you might want to buy managed hosting else shared hosting service should be good for you
Type of Hosting Server you Need
- Shared Servers – Here, you will share your website with many other sites.
- The performance of your website depends on the Bandwidth consumed by other websites located on the same server. Suitable for small and medium businesses.
- Virtual Private Server – Here, Hosting resources like disk space, bandwidth, etc will be owned by you in private.
- It is better than Shared servers where resources get shared. Helpful for small and medium businesses.
- Cloud Servers – run on Big Cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services ( AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Good when you want unmetered bandwidth with scalable resources as per traffic growth. No.1 Choice for Enterprise needs
Backups or Site Migration
Backups are essential for any website and so is site migration during hosting provider change. Often, you may find the migration of website complex. thus, choosing a website hosting service that provides at least one free migration is a good idea.
Renewal Charges and Hidden Charges
While buying a Hosting Platform, always ask their customer service what is the Renewal Charges. Often, renewal charges are high. While buying a hosting plan for the first time, try to buy for three years so that you are covered against the high renewal charges for 3 yrs.
Check if there are there any hidden charges or disguised information that might impact your website performance in the long run
For example, often, hosting providers may display discount offerings on their website, but those discounts may be for initial months only. So please do a thorough check before you buy WordPress Hosting.