Top 12 Essential WordPress Plugins for 2020 to Step up your Website presence
WordPress plugins provide add on features to the existing WordPress structures. Keeping in view the importance of the website in business and the need to keep the pace up, WordPress has been of great help. While WordPress has made the creation of sites easy WordPress plugins have made the work effortless.
Ranging from simple theme feature to access to radio buttons and advanced analysis feature, WordPress plugin brings the best in the content of the user. The nature of your website determines the type of plugin you should have. Designed to eliminate the need for a professional programmer, there are thousands of plugins available for installations in the WordPress Plugin store.
Here is our choice of the top 12 essential WordPress plugins that each Professional WordPress website should have.
1. Site Builder and Editor WordPress Plugins
1.1 Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is a flexible drag and drop page builder that works on the front end of your WordPress website. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re going to love taking control of your website.
Stop writing HTML or wrestling with confusing shortcodes. With Beaver Builder, building beautiful, professional WordPress pages is as easy as dragging and dropping.
Free Features of Beaver Builder
- Content Modules: HTML, Photo, Text Editor, Audio, Video, & Sidebar
- Full-width, column-based layouts with Lightweight and semantic markup for maximum performance
- Photo, color, and video row backgrounds with Mobile-friendly, responsive layouts
- Ability to add CSS classes and IDs with WordPress Widgets and shortcodes
- Works with Pages, Posts, and Custom Post Types
- A friendly and supportive community
Beaver Builder also comes with Premium Features as –
- Additional modules: Contact Form, Tabs, Slider, Pricing Table, Map, Blog Posts, Subscribe Form, Social Icons, and many more.
- Expert support from our world-class support team.
- Beautiful pre-made layout templates.
- Save, export, and reuse full-page layouts, rows, and modules.
- Build your own custom modules
WooCommerce plugin is an open-source eCommerce, flexible solution built on WordPress. Whenever it is about launching a business, taking a store online, or designing sites for clients you can have a quick start and build exactly the kind of store you want. It can be activated on a new WordPress or an existing one
The store can be set up within seconds. There are product, cart and checkout pages. The payments can be secured by credit cards and other alternatives. The shipping options are configurable with label printing and flat rates. WooCommerce is customizable and extendable.
- Countless themes: Pick the theme that works for you. WooCommerce is designed to work seamlessly with themes you know and love, including each year’s default WordPress themes and many popular themes from around the web.
- Unrestricted customization: Edit any part of your site – from the homepage layout to the buy button – to stand out from the crowd.
- Built-in blogging: Publish great content and build a strong brand. Use WooCommerce to integrate eCommerce with the world’s most popular content publishing platform.
- Embed products, checkout and more on any page: Use shortcodes to add your products to blog posts, or create landing pages that go straight to checkout.
- Categories, tags and attributes make products easier to find: Help customers find what they want by adding tags to describe a product. Add attributes like size so customers can search for items most relevant to them.
- Product ratings and reviews: Show customer feedback directly on the product page, including a ‘Verified Owner’ label.
- Customize for your location: Set the currency, language and measurement units (inches, centimetres or anything else) that’s right for you.
- Product sorting and filtering: Let customers sort products by popularity, newness, rating, price or attribute to find the right fit.
- Unlimited images and galleries: Include any number of photos to show off your products. Set a featured image to highlight the best photo site-wide.
- Unlimited products: Add as many products as you want to sell – your only restriction is your inventory.
1.3 WP Touch Pro
WPTouch Pro is a plugin for your WordPress site, transforming content on the same URLs as your regular theme. WPtouch Pro uses its themes for mobile visitors, and your desktop theme won’t change. Your content stays the same. Preferred by Google, it will instantly enable a mobile-friendly version of your website that passes the Google Mobile test and ensures your SEO rankings do not drop due to not having a mobile-friendly website
Need to display a targeted site title for your mobile visitors? No problem. Want to give your mobile visitors a unique landing page? Say no more. WPtouch allows you to cater to your mobile visitors’ needs.
- WPTouch Pro detects mobile devices before sending anything – meaning it doesn’t make your visitors wait for what isn’t needed
- WPtouch works with your existing WordPress plugins right out of the box
- You can control your menus, pages, devices— and even specify different homepage and blog landing pages.
- A Google-preferred mobile-friendly solution, your website will be tagged “mobile-friendly” and mobile search rankings will improve
2. Search Engine Optimisation WordPress Plugins
2.1 Yoast SEO
A leader in this segment, Yoast SEO is definitely our pick. One of the must-have plugins. It helps you to improve your SEO along with an analysis of your content’s readability.
Working on the keyword strategy is very critical for every website. When basic keyword research has already been done, Yoast SEO will then guide you to optimize new content that are Search engine friendly. It makes on-page search engine optimization very much easy.
In Yoast SEO you can enter the keyword or keyphrase you’d like your post or page to rank for in the search results. It then runs a check on your content to check whether you’re using the keywords often enough – but not too often – and in the right spots.
In Yoast SEO Premium, they not only check for the keyword or keyphrase you enter, but we will analyze your text on all variations of that word or phrase.
If the keyphrase is “room decorating ideas” and the synonym is “apartment decorating ideas” all the possible word forms of each word are taken into account: ‘apartments’, ‘rooms’, ‘room’s’, ‘decorate’, ‘decorates’, ‘decorated’, ‘idea’, etc. This way, you are truly optimizing your text.
It tells Google exactly what your page is about
- By adding schema.org code to your pages in a new and innovative way, they improve how Google, Pinterest, and other platforms understand what your page is about. With Yoast SEO, you are now able to tell Google that your webpage is an article made by an organization and other combinations like that.
- This is the most convenient way for search engines to retrieve that information, and at this moment, Yoast is the only product or plugin offering this information this way!
Preview of your page in Google
- Thanks to the snippet editor, you can see through the eyes of the Google user: what will your post or page look like in the search results, on mobile screens? There is a place for the creation of a Meta description that might help in attracting visitors.
Readability check: increase the chances that people actually read your page
- Yoast SEO plugin tells you exactly what to do, based on scientific research on readability, so you should write short sentences, add subheadings and use connecting words
No duplicate content: avoid confusing Google
- Your website can show the same content on various URLs, which might confuse Google: this is called a duplicate content issue. Yoast SEO solves this by letting you indicate one URL as the original one – a canonical link.
- Additionally, it helps to analyze the structure of your paragraph so that paragraphs are not too long, sentences are short along with the presence of keywords. It shows the regularity of the keywords used. Too much use of keywords is not either beneficial because the quality of content may get affected.
- Easy to read posts can be created. It helps us to see how well the content is currently optimized and there is scope for improvements.
2.2 Google XML Sitemap
An XML sitemap lists a website’s important pages, making sure Google can find and crawl them all, and helping it understand your website structure. WordPress XML sitemap also tells search engines which links on your website are more important than others and how frequently you update your website.
A good XML sitemap acts as a roadmap of your website which leads Google to all your important pages. XML sitemaps can be good for SEO, as they allow Google to quickly find your essential website pagesFrom yoast Seo page
- Use this plugin to greatly improve SEO to create special XML sitemaps which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your site.
- With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently.
- The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs.
- Additionally, it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
3. Contact Forms and Emails WordPress Plugins
3.1 WP Forms
WP form is a drag and drop online form builder. It helps to create different contact forms, email subscription form, payment form, etc Forms can be created using WP Forms plugin easily without the use code. Smart workflows are created which makes form builder easy and less time consuming There are pre-built templates available which let’s create a form of your own.
Many fields and features like radio buttons, file uploads, multi-page forms are available. WordPress forms can easily be made customer-friendly along with integration with marketing service and collection of payments
WPForms is the best WordPress contact form plugin. Features like Drag and Drop form builder, pre built form templates, mobile friendly forms with smart conditional logic and esy integration with payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe makes it most powerful and user-friendly WordPress form builder in the marke
3.2 MailChimp for WordPress
This plugin helps you grow your MailChimp lists and write better newsletters through various methods. You can create good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any existing form on your sites, like your comment, contact or checkout form.
Guaranteed to turn more site visitors into subscribers for your MailChimp lists, it helps create flexible, user-friendly and good looking sign-up forms for your Mailchimp list, helps write better emails and gives you full control of your WordPress site.
4. Monitoring and Anti Spam WordPress Plugins
Jetpack is a product of Automattic i.e. creators of WordPress. It is known to be the best for security, site management and performance. Jetpack provides protection against unauthorized user access and spams. Jetpack helps to create a backup of the entire site in real-time. The logins are secured with optional two-factor authentication.
Different site activator tools are available which helps to optimize images, speed up a mobile site, and reduce bandwidth. Jetpack offers advance site stats and analytics which provides a better understanding of the audience.
Security, performance, and site management: the best way to WordPress is with Jetpack.
Adds to Security of your website
- It prevents unwanted intrusions with effective brute force attack protection, malware scanning, and spam filtering. Keep your site totally backed up in real-time with no storage limits and one-click restores.
- It gives alerts about downtime instantly via email and push notifications in both your browser and the mobile app.
- It loads pages faster and serves your images and static files from its global network of servers, improves your site speed and helps improve your SEO
- Shorter load times can lead to happier readers, more page views, and — if you’re running a store — improved sales
No Code required
- With Code-free customization, it gets very easy to customize the homepage, blog posts, sidebars, and widgets.
Improves your Social Media Marketing
- It reduces your social media marketing efforts – it helps Schedule social media promotion of your newest posts, pages, and products before they’re published.
4.2 Akismet Anti Spam
It is an anti-spam plugin that checks the comments and filters all the spam comments. It is very important for the protection of WordPress security.
Akismet has since a very long time ruled as the cached best spam blocker for WordPress. It works by gathering information from all the websites where the plugin is activated and then filtering spam from the website based on that information. It is very easy and user- friendly.
Used by millions of websites, Akismet filters out hundreds of millions of spam comments from the Web every day
4.3 W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by improving your server performance, caching every aspect of your site, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
- It helps to improve SEO and user experience
- The search engine page rankings are improvised for mobile-friendly sites and sites using SSL
- Overall site performance gets enhanced. The pages get loaded quickly and interactions are also made easier and quicker.
5. Social Media Marketing WordPress Plugins
The AddToAny Share Buttons plugin for WordPress increases traffic & engagement by helping people share your posts and pages to any service. Services include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, WeChat, and over 100 more sharing and social media sites & apps.
5.2 Revive Old Post
It is for helping to drive more traffic to your website via social media. For that to happen, the plugin takes your site’s new and old publications and automatically shares them to Social Media handles.
- It shares your new and old posts on social media automatically. A schedule is set for your social media publications.
- Time can be set between the posts and the Number of posts to be shared can be chosen. It is integrated with Google Analytics.
- Different hashtags are included and linked back to your website.
Okay Guys, so this was our pick of essential plugins that should be part of your WordPress website to help you grow in your business.
If you like this article, do share and subscribe.