Facebook Pay App
The government of India’s dream to transform India into a digitally empowered country is witnessing thriving growth. We are witnessing India becoming a cashless economy from a cash-based economy. There are various modes of promoting cashless transaction of digital payment and reforming India into e-cash society
Some of the known modes of digital payment are:
- Banking Cards
- Mobile Wallets
- Bank Pre-Prepaid Card
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking
Examining this huge growth in the Indian market, Facebook (The Social Media Hero) came up with their new launch on 12 November 2019 called “Facebook Pay”
Features of FaceBook Pay App
- Pay directly from Facebook-owned apps – Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp
- Connectivity with almost all major cards and PayPal and Stripe
- Faster checkout and easy access to entertainment purchases like game shows, events, etc
- Features like Splitting the bill with Friends, easy access to Payment History and Payment methods
- Easy transaction with completely secure and protected encryption
How does Facebook Pay work?
Log in to your messenger or app and head towards the setting.
Go to Facebook Pay and add your selected mode of payment and, here you go to start rolling with the new revolutionary app in digitalization.
Payment account information needs to be entered only once and then use Facebook Pay across the apps. For added security, a PIN or device biometrics can be added to secure individual payments.
Facebook Pay Launch Date in India
Facebook Pay app is available now in the US on Facebook and Messenger for Fundraisers, game purchase, event booking tickets, contact to contact fund transfer and select FB pages and business on the Facebook market place.
This payments app will be available to other locations including India at a later date across other FB owned platforms namely Instagram and Whatsapp
Is Facebook Pay Safe?
Facebook Pay is designed with full security encryptions. It has varieties of security features where one can monitor and detect unauthorized activity.
Safety Features in Facebook Pay
- Pin, touch and face reorganization lock features
- Notifications when unusual activity happens on your account
- Safe data storage and encryption for card and bank account details
- Biometrics for an extra layer of security
- As claimed by facebook, they do not store your Biometrics